Shri MV Subba Rao with more than 3 decades of experience in Steel Industry with State, Central & MNC companies, has taken over the Charge of Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the Schedule ‘A’, Mini-Ratna, Category I Company, KIOCL Limited, under the auspices of Ministry of Steel, Government of India. Shri Rao holds the Master’s Degree in Marketing, Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy along with PG Diploma in Marketing.
Started his professional career as a Production In-charge with M/s Mittal Group and later on shifted to M/s A.P Steels Ltd., (A PSU under AP Govt.), Vikram Ispat (A unit of Grasim Industries Ltd.,) for career growth. He has led number of pioneering projects viz., Introduction of Gas based DRI/ HBI in primary & secondary steel sectors, foundry sectors in India, developing Alloy Steels etc.,
As Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the Company,
- Shri Rao, with his commercial acumen and positive outlook, has established sustainable business relationship with customers, partners, suppliers and stakeholders across the World. A scrupulous planner and a fast-pace executor, makes sure that the business continues to grow by way of developing new market opportunities whilst maintaining existing customer base. He has been the idea behind various strategies which led KIOCL towards revenue and profitability growth. He has been instrumental in improving the bottom line of the company through various approaches viz.,
- Breaking the deadlock by opening up for exports after the gap of three years.
- Instrumental in obtaining Ministry of Commerce approval for exporting pellets through third party mechanism.
- Realization of “Make in India” programme through tolling.
- Sale of pellets through rupee payment mechanism in International Market.
- Cost effective sourcing of raw materials from Domestic & International Markets.
- Played a major role in introducing pellets in CPSEs like SAIL & RINL
- Entered into long term business association with global players for tolling arrangement.
- Maximized Geo-strategic reach by opening up New Markets for sale of Pellets viz., UK, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia etc.,
- Under the leadership of Shri Rao, Company has bagged "7th Governance Now Award under the category Resilient Growth (Turnaround)" from Governance Now and "Rajbhasha Excellence Award" during FY 2019-2020.
- With his vast experience and expertise in the field of Metallurgy, Shri MV Subba Rao has presented technical talks and published several technical papers related to Steel Making, Sponge Iron, Modernization of Steel Industry etc.