KIOCL Limited (Formerly known as Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Limited), a Flagship Company under the Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India was formed on 2 April 1976 for mining and beneficiation of low grade iron ore at Kudremukh, Karnataka, India.
KIOCL has been a pioneer with over four decades of experience in operating Iron Ore Mining, Beneficiation and Iron–Oxide Pelletisation in the Country. KIOCL is having facilities to operate 3.5 MTPA Iron-oxide Pellet Plant, Blast Furnace Unit to manufacture 2.16 lakh tonnes per annum Pig iron at Mangaluru, Karnataka.
KIOCL is an EoU and a profit making, continuous dividend paying Company with a positive net worth and Mini Ratna Category I PSU is also an ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018 certified Company. The Company is headquartered at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Operational Performance of Pellet Plant
KIOCL is producing both BF and DR grade pellets with excellent chemical & physical specifications to suite for Blast furnaces and direct reduction plants.
The Company has taken up many initiatives like handling both Magnetite and Hematite types of ores through in-house R&D, sourcing from both domestic and global markets through long term contracts,100% utilization of coastal transportation, Indigenization of equipments/spares etc.,
Make in India initiatives
KIOCL is making continuous efforts to go for higher volumes in order to improve its capacity utilization and also earn precious foreign exchange for the country through ‘Make in India’ initiatives. Under the aegis of this, Pellet Plant is also being used as a tolling plant to optimize the production capacity by converting imported iron ore/ concentrate into pellets and exported the same.
- The Company entered into Mineral Exploration and currently carrying out activities in the field of Iron, Manganese, Limestone, Nickel, Chromium etc.
- Erection & Commissioning, Operation & Maintenance of Iron-Ore, Chromium Beneficiation, Pellet Plants etc
- Green energy through Solar Power Plant for captive purpose
- Entering into Ductile Iron Spun Pipe manufacturing through Backward and Forward integration of Blast Furnace Unit
- Joint Venture with sister PSUs for setting up of Pellet Plants
- Development of Devadari Iron Ore mines for captive purpose