Shareholders Information


We have a dedicated e-mail address for investors seeking to make communication with the Company in respect of the shares, including any grievances in respect thereof. All investors are requested to send their queries and grievances to the following e-mail address  


Depository: Main depository is an entity incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, which has been issued a certificate by SEBI to act as depository. Currently there exist 2 main depositories, namely The National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and the Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL).
DP: Depository Participant A DP has to be registered with SEBI and can be a participant either of NSDL or CDSL. DPs are akin to Banks in the banking system and maintain securities account in place of money account.

DP ID: Every DP registered with SEBI will have a unique registration number and it is known as DP ID. DP ID always starts with "IN" followed by the numerical numbers.
Client ID: This is also known as Beneficiary Account /Demat Account number. Like a bank account for money, whenever a security account is opened with any DP, an account number is allotted by the DP is known as Client ID / Beneficiary Account /Demat Account number.
DRF: Dematerialisation Request Form. This form has to be filled in triplicate and submitted to the DP along with the certificate for converting physical securities into electronic form. DRF can be obtained from the concerned DP.

Delivery Instruction Books (DIB): These slips are to be used for debiting the account with the number of securities sold / transferred. DPs issue pre-printed DIB containing the names of the account holders and the Client ID, to its clients. Investors are advised to use pre-printed DIB and keep the same in safe custody.
ISIN: ISIN stands for International Security Identification Number. Every security in the depository is allotted a unique identification number called ISIN.

Dematerialisation of shares and its benefits: Shares have traditionally been held in physical or paper form. Holding / trading of shares in physical form has many drawbacks and the said drawbacks are either fully eliminated or minimized to a large extent in the electronic form of holding or trading in shares. Dematerialisation is the process of converting securities held in physical form into electronic form. Holding shares and other securities in dematerialised (electronic) form has inter-alia the following advantages:

1. Easy and speedy execution of transactions viz. sale, purchase, transfer, transmission etc.
2. No worry about securities, certificates being lost, stolen or mutilated.
3. Genuineness of the securities held - no risk of holding fake certificates. 4. Less paper work and the resultant cost saving, for you, your Corporation and the country as a whole.
5. Less cost for transfer - No stamp duty.
6. No risk of bad delivery.
7. Immediate allotment / credit in case of Bonus / Right Issues.

Procedure for demat of shares: When you decide to convert your securities held in physical form to electronic form, you should approach a DP and open a demat account. You will be allotted a Client ID. Thereafter you should surrender the certificates to your DP by filling the DRF. On receipt of the DRF the DP generates a number known as Demat Request Number (DRN) and thereafter will arrange to get the certificate along with the DRF sent to the Company/Share Registrar. The Company/ Share Registrar after verification, confirms the DRN and upon confirmation the number of securities dematerialised are credited in electronic form to the respective demat account. This process is known as de-materialisation. You can always reverse this process if you so desire and get your shares reconverted into paper form. This process is known as re-materialisation.

Dealing with shares held in electronic form: Share transactions (like sale or purchase and transfer / transmissions etc.) in the electronic form can be effected in a much simpler and faster way. Like in physical form, sale of securities in electronic form in the Stock Exchange has to be carried through a registered broker. After the sale is confirmed by the broker the seller is required to give debit instruction to his DP for debiting the number of securities sold, by filling the Delivery Instruction (DIB). In case of purchase of securities, after the payout the broker will ask his DP to debit his account and credit the Client account of the purchaser with the number of shares purchased.

Charges to be paid for demat of the physical shares: The charges to be borne by the investors are for dematerialisation/ holding demat account, transaction charges for sale/purchase etc. These charges differ from DP to DP and are debited to the designated bank account of the investors.
How are dividends paid for dematted shares: The organisation downloads data of beneficiaries holding its shares in demat form as on a record date. On the basis of this data the organisation sends the notice of the meeting, annual report and corporate benefits like dividend / right / bonus etc. The rights of the shareholders holding shares in Demat form are at par with the holders in physical form.

Risk Factors of any fraud / disputes in using a Demat account and Whom to approach in such cases: Common risk factors applicable to trading in physical shares like mismatches in signatures, loss in postal transit etc., are absent since the dematted shares are traded in scrip less mode. However in the unlikely event of any other dispute, the concerned Stock Exchange and/or Depository Participant, Depository Custodian viz. NSDL/CDSL or SEBI would have to be approached for resolving such issues.

Pledges of shares in demat form for the purpose of availing any funding/loan arrangement with bankers: Pledge of shares in demat mode is very simple. All you have to do is to submit the dully filled in Pledge Creation Form (Form W/ Exhibit 15) to your DP.

Whom to address queries regarding demat account: As your demat account is maintained by the DP, any communication/ intimation regarding change in address, change in bank account details, ECS mandate, registration of nominees etc. as also any query with regard to the demat account should be made to your DP. Since the Company / Share Registrar have no access to your depository account any request with regard to any of the above subject will not be considered.

On Purchase of RCF's Shares, How to get them registered and how much time it would take after executing the transfer deed with proper stamp duty, send the transfer deed along with the share certificate(s) to the Registrar & Transfer Agents for registration. It would take approximately 15 days. Where the Shares should be sent for transfer Requests for Transfer of Shares should be sent to the Registrar & Transfer Agents at the addresses mentioned in the following page.
Further, requests for transfers can also be submitted at any branch office of the Corporation, which will be subject to verification by the share department.

The stamp duty payable on transfer of shares: Presently, the stamp duty payable is 0.5% of the total consideration.

Procedure for addition of joint-holders' name in the shares: Addition of any name means transfer of shares. In such cases share transfer procedure is required to be followed.
The procedure to be followed for shares bought a considerable time back You are requested to approach the Registrar of Companies, which has issued the transfer deed and get the deed revalidated. After revalidation lodge the share certificate and the transfer deed for transfer.

Consolidation of shares in 2 or more folios: Consolidation of folios is possible provided the order of names (in case of joint holdings) is identical in all the folios. A letter under the signature of all the holders will suffice the requirement. No share transfer deed is required to be executed in such cases.

 In case of joint holdings, in the event of death of one shareholder, how do the surviving shareholders get the shares in their names?
In case of death of any joint shareholder, an application has to be made to the Corporation along with a certified copy of the Death Certificate. The Corporation shall on receipt of the death certificate along with a request letter and all share certificates, shall delete the name of the deceased shareholder and return the share certificate(s) duly endorsed in favour of the remaining shareholder(s).
If a shareholder holding shares in his sole name dies without leaving a will, how can his legal heir/s (either husband/wife/son/daughter) get the shares transmitted in their names?
This is Transmission of Shares. In such a situation it is very difficult to prove the ownership of estate of the deceased member. Following documents along with the share certificate(s) need to be submitted to the Corporation for transmitting the shares:-

a. Request for transmission in writing
b. Certified copy of the Death certificate
c. Certified copy of any one of the following:
1. Copy of the Probate obtained from the court,
2. Letter of Administration from court, if applicable
3. Succession Certificate, if applicable And
4. Title Claim, if required
5. No Objection from the other legal heirs, if any Under special circumstances, the organization may consider transmission of shares without receiving of any of the documents mentioned at 'C' above on receipt of an Indemnity Bond on stamp paper of . 200 and an Affidavit on stamp paper of . 20.

Non-receipt of dividend: You may please write to the Company Secretary, KIOCL Ltd. furnishing the particulars of the dividend not received. Please also quote your folio number/ DP ID & Client ID particulars (in case of dematted shares). After verification, duplicate dividend warrant will be issued in case the dividend remains unpaid in the records of the Corporation.

Procedure for obtaining a duplicate dividend: warrant if the validity period of the original dividend warrant has not yet expired, you will have to wait till the date expires since duplicate dividend warrant cannot be issued during the validity of the original warrant. However after the expiry of the validity period, if after completion of reconciliation, the warrant is un-encased in our records you will be required to furnish a letter of undertaking on plain paper. On receipt of the letter of undertaking, duplicate dividend warrant will be issued to you.

Procedure to be followed to protect against fraudulent encashment: If you are holding shares in physical form, you may inform us quoting your folio number, name and address of your bank and the account number. KIOCL shall incorporate the same in all your future warrants. However if you are holding the shares in Demat form, such details will have to be given to your DP. Your DP in turn will pass on this information to the KOCL. This procedure is in accordance with depository regulations.

Obtaining duplicate share certificates in case of lost/misplaced share certificates please inform the registrar and transfer agents immediately about loss of share certificates quoting your folio number and details of share certificates. Simultaneously, you will have to lodge a complaint with the police regarding loss of share certificates. The organization will contact you soon on receipt of the FIR copy regarding the future course of action.

Procedure for recording change in address Kindly send a request letter duly signed giving the new address along with the old address.
1. Can joint holders request for a change in address?
    Yes, they can. (but then all the share-holders must sign the letter)
2. Can there be multiple addresses for a single folio?
    No, there cannot be multiple communication addresses.

How to make a nomination with regard to shareholding you have to submit a Nomination form in duplicate duly filled and signed. If the shares are held in joint names all the holders must sign the nomination form. On receipt of the request for registration of nomination, the organisation will register the same by allotting registration number. The duplicate copy of the nomination form will be returned with an endorsement indicating the registration number and date.

Change in a nomination once made: Nomination once made can be revoked by a shareholder by giving a fresh nomination. If a new nomination is made, then the earlier one stands revoked. If joint holders make the nomination, and one of the joint holders dies, the remaining joint holder/s can make a fresh nomination.

Procedure for the nominee to get the share in his/her name: The nominee is required to send the following documents to get the shares transmitted to his name.
a. Death certificate of the shareholder duly attested.
b. Original share certificates and
c. Proof of identification

Selling of the shares without registration by the nominee: The nominee should first get the shares transmitted in his name and only after that he is entitled to sell the shares.

Nomination for shares held in the demat form: For making a nomination with respect to dematted shares, shareholders have to approach their respective DPs. In the account opening form provided by the Depository Participants there is a provision for providing the name of the nominee. Please consult your Depository Participant for further details.
2016-17 QTR-IV
2016-17 QTR-III
2016-17 QTR-II
2016-17 QTR-I
2015-16 QTR IV
2015-16 QTR III

Which are the stock exchanges where KIOCL's shares are listed and traded?
Shares of KIOCL are listed on the Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Limited (MSEI) w.e.f. 12.02.2016, under symbol 'KIOCL'.
Shares of KIOCL are listed on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE) w.e.f. 29.11.2016, under symbol 'KIOCL'.
Shares of KIOCL are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) w.e.f. 22.08.2017 under the Scrip Code '540680', Scrip ID on BOLT Plus System 'KIOCL'